Intercessions for 15th April 2018, Based on 1 John 3:1-7 and Luke 24:36b-48
We are blessed to be called the Children of God. We are blessed to be brought into the peace of God’s presence. So, as we now deepen our awareness of God with us, let us pray for the church and for the world and let us thank God for his goodness.
- We thank you for your church throughout the world. For all who, despite troubles and doubts, try to be witnesses to your presence, your peace and your hope. We repent of all the ways we fall short, all the ways we avoid you and fail you. In trust and hope, we turn to you again, asking that you would calm and strengthen your church, in all her forms, so that all people, all nations, all creation might be witnesses to your life, your love, your truth and your harmony. Lord in your mercy, hear our prayer
- We pray for our own church and Benefice. We thank you for the encouragement you have given us in David, in the people who have joined our congregation, in all the activities that happen here. We ask for your blessing on our stewardship campaign, the upcoming APCM, jobs fair and all that is happening in our Benefice this month. We pray for David, Jo and family as they make their arrangements to come here, and for the congregations of All Saints West Dulwich as they prepare for their interregnum. Help us all to use these next 5 months well. Lord in your mercy, hear our prayer
- Lord, the world seems insane and desperately needs your peace. We pray for all who lead, especially for those with influence over the most troubled situations in the world. Today we particularly remember Presidents Trump, Putin and Assad and our own prime-minister Theresa May. May they and all leaders know themselves, and all people, to be your children. May they feel accountable to you. May they be inspired to deliver peace. Lord it is hard for leaders to stay righteous, and for us to believe that your order of justice and peace can prevail. But with you all things are possible. Lord in your mercy, hear our prayer.
- We pray for all people, all animals, and all environments who are suffering as a result of failures of leadership. The whole world needs prayers and justice but today we particularly remember people in Syria, Palestine, and Yemen.
And we pray for all who suffer in body, mind or spirit. In this church we particularly remember…………… In the midst of their troubles, may they know your presence and your peace. May we each find new ways to be present to those in need. Lord in your mercy, hear our prayer.
- We pray for all who have died recently………. And in the year’s mind we remember……..
Their earthly troubles over, may they know the joy of seeing you. May they rest in peace. Lord in your mercy, hear our prayer.
Lord, help us be open to all the ways you come to meet us, and open to the peace that you bring. In the presence of your resurrection, renew our hearts and minds so that, whatever our circumstances, we live as witnesses to you and take your peace into the world.
Merciful Lord, accept these prayers, for the sake of your Son, our Saviour, Jesus Christ. Amen.