“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.” Philippians 4:6
Whatever is happening, we want always to put God first so prayer and worship are at the heart of our community. If you would like us to pray for you, or for a loved one, then please email us some details and we will include you in our prayers every weekday and Sunday morning for a month. If you’d like to talk about your prayer request the church is open on Tuesday and Thursday mornings until 11.30am and you would be most welcome.
See below for some of the ways our community comes together in prayer.
Morning prayer is said on Mondays and Tuesdays at 9am, and 8.30am on Wednesdays. On Thursdays there is a said Eucharist at 9am. Everyone is welcome to this small but beautiful way to start the day.
We are open Tuesday and Thursday mornings for most weeks of the year from 9.30am -11.30am providing a well-used space for private prayer and reflection.
There are candles in the church which you can light as a sign of your prayer. The church is open Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9.30 to 11.30am.
Praying for Peace
An ecumenical group meets monthly to pray for peace and prays “separately but together” at other times. We’d love more members so do email us if you would like to join this group (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The Benefice Retreat
Usually held in September in beautiful countryside on the shore of Llangorse Lake in south Wales, this is a glorious, mostly silent, weekend which includes services and reflective bible readings. Participants can join in as much or as little as they like.
The Month of Guided Prayer
This is a month-long guided retreat in daily life and much loved by all who take part. Participants are assigned a prayer guide who they meet with on a weekly basis, committing to praying regularly during the month. The process and the journey are different for each person, but comments received include: ‘It has helped me to understand prayer differently, and having done it several times, …it always brings surprises. There is always a sense of journey.’
Online Prayer Resources
- Pray As You Go App – a wonderful 10 minute led daily prayer meditation, with music, scripture, space to pray and reflect. Highly recommended. Download here for computer, or search for the App on your tablet/smartphone.
- Daily Meditation (via email) from the Centre for Contemplation by Fr Richard Rohr. A short centering email meditation, offering helpful perspective and spiritual resources for our current situation. Visit www.cac.org to sign up for the daily email.
- A Prayer for Sleep – an 18 minute guided prayer for when you are finding sleep hard, from Spiritual Director Julian Maddock. Link here.
- Insight Timer: a smartphone app to support a spiritual practice, with meditations and prayers lead by people from all religious traditions.
- Reimagining the Examen: another smartphone app, this time with wonderful takes on the Examen.
- The BBC’s Daily Service and Sunday Worship
- Prayer for the day – each day the Church of England publishes audio and text of the Prayer for the Day.
- Smart speakers – daily prayer and other helpful audio content can be accessed via our smart speaker apps.