The church has a rigorous safeguarding policy covering children and vulnerable adults which is in line with the current best practice published by the Church of England House of Bishops. You’ll find the latest version of our policy here: Cotham Safeguarding Policy 2021/2022. A nominated person, currently Vicky Leggat-Green, provides a point of contact for anyone who wishes to talk through concerns in confidence. Safeguarding is the responsibility of all members of the parish to give paramount importance to the nurture and care of children, young people and vulnerable adults in a safe and secure environment.
We will develop a culture in our church that:
- Enables a safe and caring community to provide a loving environment where there is a culture of ‘informed vigilance’ as to the dangers of abuse.
- Enables and encourages concerns to be raised and responded to openly and consistently and protects children, young people and adults who may be vulnerable from actual or potential harm.
- Ensures all people feel welcomed, respected and safe from abuse.
- Values, listens to and respects children, young people and adults who may be vulnerable, encouraging them to be active contributors to the church community.
- Encourages adults who may be vulnerable to lead as independent a life as possible.